Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thing 17: Books 2.0

I have read the following three resources ~~`

LitLovers : this site provide lots of reading guides for popular and classic literature books. And it even provides information on how to discuss a book, start and run a book club. Since our American Corner has a book club, I may try to apply the tips from the blog to our American Corner book club. It can also help me select books for our American Corners.

BooksInMyPhone~~ I have been wanting to read books on my cell phone. So I explore this website and downloaded one book, but the book I downloaded has a security flaw, so I have to delete.

NetLibrary~~ The net library provide multi-language choices, so I can choose Chinese to read the web, it has more 3000 e-books.

LibriVox ~~ I have found some audio books from this site, I can even find some classic Chinese documents, the audio for the Chinese classic documents sound very odd, speak too fast, hardly to understand, I also try to change the speed, but still odd. I also found some audio books in English, the voice sound just OK and clear enough to understand.


I have installed Worldcat application at my Facebook. Because I am a technical librarian, so this function will be very useful to me.
I have run a search on “the age of Innocence” and the full bibliographic data shown. It also provides vendor information and readers’ reviews. I can use the data for acquisition and cataloging purpose. Not all of my country libraries are listed on the library list. So I can not find a copy of "The age of Innocence" at Taiwan library in Worldcat.

Facebook Applications

No comments:

Post a Comment