Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Thing 12: Mashups

1. Using the "My Maps" feature in Google Maps, create a Google map and insert the link.


My map: Bangkok attractions

在較大的地圖上查看My trip to Bangkok


I plan to visit Bangkok next summer, so I create a my map at google, and added some attractions.

2. Blog about potential uses for Google Maps and your thoughts on Google Latitude.

Whenever I travel to a new place, no matther where it was in my home country or in other country, I will use google maps to find the driving direction, walking route, the restaurants, and how much time does it need from one place to the other. It is very convenient, and I won't get lost, and I can easily enjoy visitng a new place.

For Google Latitude, I think that we can use it when travel to a new country, if everyone has the google latitude on the phone, then it will be easy to trace the missing person. Or if I go to a new place, and then the google lattitue shows that a friend just nearby, what a surprise to see a friend in a new place!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky,

    You're doing a great job on the 23 Things! I was wondering though if you posted the link to your Google Map. We like to see the map that you created.

    Thanks so much!
    Susana Wang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Susana,

    I have posted my map. And thank you for your encouragement! I am learning the Podcast now.

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete